Wednesday, June 2, 2021

The black circle

Went on another walk. By myself, this time. The trees grew thicker and thicker as I walked and suddenly I realized I didn't know where I was, but my phone wouldn't turn on.

I've always had a poor sense of direction. I have a poor sense of a lot of things, really. I don't have a lot of what you'd consider life skills; I don't cook, don't drive, don't know how to talk to strangers. I barely even know my neighborhood.

But this was different. When I tried to retrace my steps, I found myself walking in circles, always passing by the same home with a sign written in a language I didn't recognize.

After what felt like an hour, I finally saw something new. It was a circle drawn across the concrete in black leaves, with an X drawn through it.
 
I heard footsteps behind me, and I ran.
 
I didn't see anyone when I looked behind me, though.
 
Either way, after that, I was no longer... stuck. I made it home safely.
 
I just hope I don't have to go through something like that again. I get... panicky when I don't know where I'm going.

No comments:

Post a Comment