Friday, June 18, 2021

Connected

So, I've been thinking. It's deeply strange to me how similar these cults all are, often implementing tree symbolism and references to some sort of unexplained "Father," in spite of their distinct histories. I think there's something deeper going on, something deeper than any one cult, something linking the black leaves and the missing people and the fires and all of it.

It has something to do with the Father, I'm sure. I thought it was one of the cults themselves, but I'm certain now that it goes further than that. Otherwise, why would they all be so similar? It just doesn't make sense.

So... who or what is this Father, then? If he's real, did he do all the horrible things that have been happening since this town was founded in the 19th century, or was it just cults acting in his name?

The two most common threads I've found thus far are trees and missing people and pets, but there are plenty of other things too, fires and fog and black leaves.

I don't know what to do with all of this.

I haven't told my parents or my brother about it. They don't understand why I'm so reclusive now, why I keep going out to do research on the town's history. They don't know why I keep looking over my shoulder or why I no longer go out on walks.

It's better this way. If I told them, they'd just get dragged into it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment