Sunday, June 20, 2021

The Gallows-Wood

Yesterday, I resolved to finally contact the police about what's been happening to me. Even if I didn't tell them about the cults or the leaves turning black or whatever else, I could at least tell them about the stalkers.

I don't know how much later it was after I went to the local police department that I woke up.

I was groggy at first, and I had no idea where I was, until I realized I was in the middle of the woods. Then I noticed my wrists and ankles felt tight, and I realized that I had been tied to something that felt like wood and was being carried like I was on a stretcher.

I glanced around, and sure enough, I recognized Morgenstern's face.

"The one who intrudes upon our rituals shall be offered up to our Father," Morgenstern said.
"Burn her!" the others shouted.
"Shall we make an offering of her here in the Gallows-Wood?" he asked.
"Kill her!"

And so the strip of log I was being carried on went upright, and I was lifted onto a circle of rocks. Morgenstern stood beside me with a rock in one hand and a small metal bar in the other. He knelt down beside me and prepared to strike the metal against the rock.

Then a sound came from the distance, angry shouts and footsteps, and I saw the faces of the Yggdrist ex-convicts I'd recently seen in old newspapers. They were old, just like Morgenstern himself, but they were pure muscle.

As cultists of the Church of St. Gualbert and Yggdrism fought and killed one another, ripping each other to pieces with knives and hands and teeth, shouting accusations of heresy and unbelief, I managed to grab a knife that had dropped to the ground, cut my bonds, and flee through a forest of black leaves and thick fog.

As I write, my hands are shaking. I don't know what to do now, and I know they'll probably come back- the Church of St. Gualbert or the Yggdrists, it doesn't matter which.

This will be my last update. I don't know what's going to happen to me anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment