Monday, December 21, 2020

Another walk

Went walking again. It was a strange experience, I must say. Nobody outside, really, for obvious reasons. Just cars passing over wet asphalt, the occasional stranger walking their dog, and me and my brother.

The sky today is a pale grey, not quite as bright as the sort of eye-hurting white you sometimes get. The ground seems damp, but I'm not sure, because it wasn't wet enough to get into my boots while I walked. The grass is flat and colorless. (In fact, everything outside today seems like it's had the color drained from it.) The trees are all dead, stark black entanglements of branches against the pale lifelessness of everything else. The air is chilly, the kind that isn't enough for snow or ice but still manages to get under your clothes, even if you wear layers.

It's not what I'd call a nice day out, but the walk was a welcome change from being cooped up inside.
 
Honestly, I'm genuinely worried I might develop carpal tunnel if I keep playing Minecraft all day.

No comments:

Post a Comment